Adding a New Task from the Task Board View
You can add a new task directly from the Task Board if you like.
- First, click on the Task Board icon on the left Sidebar.
- Click on the New Task button on the upper right of the Task Board view.
A New Task overlay window will open allowing you to add the specific information.
New Task > General tab
- Add to: Click in the drop-down arrow to the right of the icon in the next box to select where this task will be located: Deal, Project, Ticket, Space, or Contact.
- Once you have selected where this task belongs, you can assign it to a specific deal, project, ticket, space, or contact. Begin typing the name of the appropriate deal, project, ticket, space, or contact and the box will provide you with a list of dynamic responses from which to select.
- Name: Create a Name for your task.
- When is it due? Set a Due Date. From below the date field, you can select Tomorrow, Next Week, In a Month, Next Year, or click in the field to obtain a calendar date-picker
- Share with client? Toggle on whether to share with the client. (Default is No.)
- Description: Add a Description to provide clarification.
- Click on the More Options tab to enter more information.
New Task > More Options tab
- Recurrence: Select the recurrence option, if desired, for the task that you are creating. The default is One Time Only.
- Update news feed? Toggle on whether to update the news feed with this new task. (Default is Yes.)
- Click on the Create Task button at the bottom right to create your task.